Hope Credit Terms
Last updated: January 1, 2018
Hope Credit (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) is dedicated to protecting your privacy and providing you with the highest level of service. This Policy explains what Company does to keep information about you private and secure. This Policy covers only information that you provide to Company or that it obtains about you from companies that you have chosen to do business with.
Please read this Policy carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
- The personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We prohibit the sale or transfer of personal information to non-affiliated entities for their use without giving you the opportunity to opt-out. We may disclose such information in order to effect or carry out any transaction that you have requested of us or as necessary to complete our contractual obligations with you. We may also share your information with service providers that perform business operations for us, companies that act on our behalf to market our services, or others only as permitted or required by law, such as to protect against fraud or in response to a subpoena. We may also share or transfer our information in the event we transfer or sell your account or our business assets to another provider.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. We do not collect sensitive financial or personal information via the website. The contact information and general information you do provide is protected both online and offline.
While we use best practices to protect your information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your contact information. The computers/servers in which we store contact information are kept in a secure environment.
Cookies, and Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this website. A web beacon is a piece of program code that can display an image on a web page or in an email which is used to transmit certain unique and identifiable information about the viewer of the web page or the email to a database. This information may be used for to analyzing online viewing habits for the purpose of providing more targeted marketing efforts.
We may use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Student Loan Document Preparation
The payment for HOPE CREDIT LLC’s services relating to the student loan adjustment application, its preparation, analysis and counseling for Student’s options, and submission and tracking of the relevant application is provided in the client agreement. If a clients application is not approved by the DOE, then client will obtain a full refund of fees paid.
This Agreement is hereby entered into between Hope Credit LLC and the Client.
1. Services. Hope Credit LLC provides many services to its clients. This includes, but is not limited to: information retrieval and document preparation.
2. Scope. The scope of this Agreement shall be defined as the services contained within the “Summary of Services” in this proposal. The individual elements listed therein are Hope Credit LLC’s best practices as of the date the proposal was issued. Each item is an approximation based on Hope Credit LLC’s current knowledge and understanding of the Client and the federal documents for which client is seeking assistance completing. It is important to note that the “Summary of Services” is likely to be modified in the future, even during the course of service. Changes in federal document versions, Client’s financial situation, the government, our economy, consumer trends, technological advances, increased knowledge and understanding, or other factors that may render certain elements in the “Summary of Services” less effective. Hope Credit LLC reserves the right to modify, add, and delete elements contained within the “Summary of Services” set both during and before this Agreement is executed.
Additional services may be provided at Hope Credit LLC’s recommendation or by request from the Client. Additional services offered by Hope Credit LLC will be governed by this Agreement if no other agreement exists.
In the rare instance the Client believes certain services were not performed according to the terms of this Agreement, or to their satisfaction, it shall be the Client’s responsibility to immediately notify Hope Credit LLC. All services performed during any given month shall be deemed satisfactory if Hope Credit LLC does not receive notification, in writing, email, phone within 5 days of the end of the Client’s fiscal month, that being the fiscal month containing the disputed service. After 5 days, the Client waives their right to dispute any previous services rendered.
3. Authorization. The Client hereby authorizes Hope Credit LLC to:
- Access any and all websites and accounts provided to Hope Credit LLC. This includes, but is not limited to: education debt servicer websites, 3rd-party websites, hosting accounts, and any other online accounts Hope Credit LLC may be required to gain access to for the purpose of document preparation and submission.
- Create, modify, and/or delete usernames, passwords, and identifiable information on the Client’s behalf. If inaccurate or erroneous information is discovered, the Client must notify Hope Credit LLC or the 3rd party immediately for the removal or correction of such information.
4. Client Responsibilities. Hope Credit LLC considers the Client an important part of the document preparation process. For this reason, Hope Credit LLC’s services are predicated upon the Client providing certain financial information where necessary.
Hope Credit LLC’s document preparation team does its best to communicate important Client details and objectives to Hope Credit LLC’s submission team. In rare instances, certain information may not get passed along to the individuals working on the Client’s account. It is the Client’s responsibility to communicate any important details and objectives to all individuals working on their account.
5. Method of Expense. Hope Credit LLC’s services are not expensed evenly throughout the month. In addition, services are expensed in accordance with the Agreement entered into between Client and Hope Credit LLC during the procurement of services. Services will commence after the date specified in the Client Acceptance portion of this Agreement.
6. Additional Expenses. The Client will reimburse Hope Credit LLC for any 3rd-party expenses it incurs at the Client’s request. This includes, but is not limited the costs associated with the sending of documents through means outside the scope of Hope Credit LLC’s usual business practices, including but not limited to professional notary services, express mail, and overnight mail.
7. Guarantees. Hope Credit LLC does not have control nor does it claim to have control over any 3rd-party actions. This includes but is not limited to: approvals or rejections of federal forms by any federal government agency. Hope Credit LLC cannot guarantee an outcome of any federal form submission or any submission to a servicer contracted by the federal government.
8. Indemnification. The Client shall hold Hope Credit LLC harmless and vigorously defend, protect, and indemnify Hope Credit LLC from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that can be directly or indirectly associated with the Client. This includes, but is not limited to: liabilities asserted against Hope Credit LLC, its agents, sub-contractors, servants, officers, and employees that may arise or result from any services provided, or agreed to be provided, or any product or service provided by the Client, its agents, employees, or assigns to any other parties. This may also include any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the Client’s providing of fraudulent information.
9. Warranties. Hope Credit LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement in connection with this Agreement.
10. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Hope Credit LLC, its agents, clients, sub-contractors, servants, officers, and employees be liable in contract, tort, strict liability, warranty or any other theory of liability, for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential type damage of any nature, including but not limited to delay, disruption, loss of income, loss of anticipated eligibility for additional financial aid, negative impact on Client’s credit rating, score or standing. In no event shall Hope Credit LLC be liable for any damages in excess of the amounts paid or due to Hope Credit LLC as a result of this Agreement. In no event shall Hope Credit LLC be liable for any expenses charged to the Client by any 3rd-parties. In no event shall Hope Credit LLC be liable for punitive damages. In no event shall Hope Credit LLC be liable for the addition, modification, or the deletion of the items specified in Section 3 of this Agreement.
11. Communication. As part of this Agreement, Hope Credit LLC and its affiliates shall have the right to provide unsolicited and continued communications with the Client. The Client can stop this communication at any mean by email request. This will enable Hope Credit LLC and its affiliates to continue an on-going relationship with the Client.
12. Confidentiality. Hope Credit LLC shall not, without the prior written consent of the Client, disclose to any third parties, confidential information of the Client. This excludes agents, sub-contractors, servants, officers, employees, and affiliates of Hope Credit LLC.
13. Litigation. Any disputes arising from this Agreement shall be litigated or arbitrated in the county of Riverside, CA. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Both parties expressly agree upon and consent to such jurisdiction and venue, and consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in the State of California.
14. Duration. The minimum duration specified in the Client Acceptance section of this Agreement shall be fulfilled by the Client. If Hope Credit LLC does not receive a cancellation no at least 5 days prior to the expiration of the initial term, Hope Credit LLC will continue to provide the services specified herein for the Client on a month-to-month basis and all of the terms of this Agreement shall continue to remain in force.
15. Termination. Either party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement, and any additional agreements, if the other party expressly breaches any of the provisions herein. Notice from the non-breaching party must be given to the breaching party before this Agreement or any additional agreements shall be considered terminated. In this event, the Client agrees to pay for all services rendered by Hope Credit LLC prior to the date of termination. If no contractual breach has occurred, and the minimum duration has been met, either party may terminate this Agreement, for any reason, with 30 days. Unpaid balances will be due within 30 days of termination. Clients who wish to terminate this Agreement during their initial term (as defined in the Client Acceptance section), may do so by paying for the balance of the initial term, in full, prior to the cancellation of services.
16. Definitions. For the purpose of this Agreement, the following terms shall be defined as: Hope Credit LLC: The company Hope Credit LLC, its agents, sub-contractors, officers, and employees.
Client: The client named in the Client Acceptance section of this Agreement, its agents, sub-contractors, officers, and employees.
17. Agreement. Both parties understand and agree that:
This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties, and terminates and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements on the subject matter hereof.
There are no representations, warranties or agreements, either express or implied, or oral or written, except as set forth herein. All changes and additions made to this Agreement, whether written or provided in a separate document, email, or addendum, will not be enforceable, nor will they be accepted by Hope Credit LLC. In the event the Client returns this Agreement with any modifications or additions, Hope Credit LLC will not abide or agree to any of the changes, but will otherwise accept this Agreement. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any other provision, nor shall it be binding unless it is executed by both parties in writing. Hope Credit LLC reserves the right to refuse the return of this Agreement, with or without cause.
Last Updated January 1, 2018
Hope Credit, hereafter referred to as ‘COMPANY’ maintains this website for the purpose of facilitating a business transaction between a document preparation provider and the seekers of that specific document preparation service. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use any of the contents of this website. You may not download material displayed on this website including text, images, audio, and video for any purpose without COMPANY’s written permission.
All logos contained herein are registered trademarks. All brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
As a condition of your use of the services provided by this website, you agree that you will not use the any services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You may not use the services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server this website resides upon, or the network(s) connected to any server connected to this website, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this website. You may not attempt to secure unauthorized access to any services, usernames, computer systems or networks connected to this website through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not acquire or attempt to acquire any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by this website.
You agree not to remove any and all proprietary notices from materials you may obtain through the Services, including but not limited to, copyright or trademark notices.
Your access and use of this website is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on this website is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on this website without the prior written permission of COMPANY. COMPANY neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe upon the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with COMPANY.
2. You acknowledge and agree that by providing your contact and general information through this website, you provide your express consent to the transmission of such information as necessary for processing requests for assistance.
3. While COMPANY uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, COMPANY makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. COMPANY assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on this website.
4. This web site is intended for adult users only, and children under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate in the commercial features of this web site.
5. Your use and browsing of this website is at your risk. Neither COMPANY nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, this website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this website is provided to you “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Because our web site is provided to you “As Is,” you agree that COMPANY shall not be liable to you or any third party for any delay in delivery of, or failure to deliver any of your communications or other information you submit using our web site. Because our web site is provided to you “AS AVAILABLE,” you agree that COMPANY shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of our web site or your ability to access it. COMPANY also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in this website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website.
6. Any communication or material you transmit to this website by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by COMPANY or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, COMPANY is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to this website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
7. Images of people or places displayed on this website are either the property of, or used with permission by, COMPANY. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on this website. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
8. COMPANY has not reviewed all of the websites linked to this website and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this website. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
9. Unless otherwise noted or agreed in writing, any items that you purchase through the COMPANY Web Site are subject to the COMPANY warranty policy.
10. COMPANY may, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue the COMPANY web site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that you do not have any rights in our web site and that COMPANY will have no liability to you if this web site is discontinued or your ability to access our web site is terminated.
11. COMPANY may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.